Tips to prevent package thefts
To Reduce Thefts from Vehicles:
Close all windows, and lock all doors on your vehicles. Do not leave valuables such as cell phones, GPS devices, loose change, electronics, or gifts, etc. in sight. By removing these items, you'll dramatically reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of a crime. We also advise against leaving power point chargers, or the GPS mounting device or other electronics attached to the windshield or dashboard because this is a giveaway to would be thieves that there may be something of value in your vehicle. It is also advisable to secure large shopping bags and gifts in the trunk of the car.
To Reduce Thefts from Home:
You can take protective measures to protect your home while you are out away from home.
You can also take the following measures to protect your home in your absence:
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Leave exterior lights on, and use timers for interior lighting.
- Have a radio or television on, to give the impression that someone is in the residence.
- If you have an alarm system, activate it while you are out.
- If you are going to be traveling for an extended period of time, consider stopping the delivery of mail and newspapers; additionally the Bristol Police can make frequent checks of your home in your absence. To request checks of your home, please fill out the following form: https://www.bristolri.us/205/Vacant-House-Checks